We are committed to educating the public about the importance of deep restful sleep as part of an active, happy and healthy life.
Awaken Your Senses
We all know that a proper diet and exercise are important to maintain a healthy lifestyle. But many people underestimate the value of a good night’s sleep.
Your five senses are connected to the brain. To take in and process everything in its full goodness, you need proper sleep. Sleep is vital to sustain,grow and repair your body. 8 hours a day is the golden rule for adults.
Sealy is committed to helping you improve your chances of getting a good night’s sleep.
Your Sleep and Your Health
Sleep is one of life’s necessities. It is essential for good health and mental and emotional functioning, as well as safety and enjoyment of the world around you.
Clinical Studies and Sleep Research Outcomes
People who don’t get enough sleep are regularly (daily) affected by:
- Impaired memory and concentration
- Increased risk of accidents at home and work
- Daytime tiredness
- Higher incidences of stress
The Poor Sleep Epidemic
Sleep problems can be caused by a number of factors. Take a minute to consider the following:
- Does it take you a long time to fall asleep?
- Do you toss and turn all night?
- Do you often wake feeling stiff and sore?
- Do you feel tired when you get out of bed in the morning?
- Do you suffer from daytime sleepiness?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions your bed may be the problem.
Ways to Improve Sleep
Want to make the world look better? Practical tips to improve your sleep:
- Try to avoid alcohol, tea, coffee and chocolate in the 4 hours before you go to bed.
- Avoid taking naps in the afternoon even if you feel drowsy.
- Establish a regular sleep routine. Try to go to bed at the same time each night and get up at the same time each morning.
- Try to exercise in the morning on a daily basis.
- Keep your room temperature between 16-18℃.
- Create a restful sleep environment by ensuring that your bedroom is comfortable, quiet and dark.
- If you can’t sleep while in bed, get out of bed and only return when you feel sleepy.
- Avoid stressful and alerting activities prior to sleep.
If you find you are not sleeping well in your own bed, then perhaps it is time to consider changing your bed. Your current bed may no longer be providing the comfort, support and space you need. If you don’t have a good bed, you won’t get the best sleep.
How a Mattress Helps
Sealy Posturepedic is designed to provide the comfort and support your body needs for deep restorative sleep. And Sealy is continuously developing new ways to give you an even healthier night’s rest.
- Posturepedic support ensures proper spinal alignment while you were sleeping.
- Sealy develops mattresses that evenly distribute body weight, relieving the pressure for your hips and shoulders.
- The Sealy Posturepedic spring design minimizes partner disturbance.
- Quality comfort componentry and the torsion bar foundation result in longer comfort life for your sleep set.
- Sealy makes larger size beds to give you more space and less partner interference.
That’s how Sealy is made for sleep.